[Plant-biology] Re: Plant ID - scroph family

Robin Somes via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by robin.somes from googlemail.com)
Sat May 19 17:26:52 EST 2007

In message <464f4f20$0$1261$a1465588 from news.xecu.net>, kathy from nowhere.net
writes
>A friend took this pic around Palo Alto recently and asked me what it was.
>I don't know so I told her I'd post it and see if I could find out.  It
>looks possibly like Pedicularis? Penstemon? It's growing in the yard.  I
>don't know if it's native to CA or to somewhere else.  It looked ordinary
>enough I thought maybe someone could ID it without further examination.  If
>not, I suppose I can get my friend to find it again and supply further
>details.
>
>http://www.botsoc.org/mallikaspic.jpg

Looks like an Acanthus, possibly A. mollis, Bear's Breeches.

cheers,
robin

--
                      www.newforestartgallery.co.uk