Plant called a "Palawalanea tree"

officer guyjenkins at nospam.hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 15:31:38 EST 2004

I am looking for information about a plant that my wife ordered from a
mailer and we planted it . It is now 11 feet tall and has leafs like
elephant ears. It is supposed to flower but as of yet we have seen NO
flowers only leafs that are 20 inches across. Was wondering if anyone has
heard of this plant or knows the Real name for it. any info would be
great.  Thanks  G Jenkins