Hermine Stover - what's that about?

David May dmay72 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:48:07 EST 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:42:37 -0700, lvhippy <nonyer at business.com> wrote:

>>My interest in Hermine is with her expertise with bamboo, I wasn't
>>planning on asking her, or you, for advice on living standards, home
>>decorating, or personal hygiene. BTW since we are being so picky about
>>other people, it is spelled squalor.
>>
>>You apparently consider yourself to have higher standards than
>>Hermine, well consider this. I have very high standards, and if I were
>>to visit you, I would probably find that you, your home and the manner
>>in which you live were well below the standard that I expect among my
>>friends and family. However, it isn't relevant to a usenet discussion
>>on horticultural matters. Your post just demeaned you in the eyes of
>>any fair minded readers of these groups.
>>
>>David

>  Great David nice to know someone approves and is comfortable living
>in shit and will support someone who abuses animals....kind of matches
>your gardening skill...

How does not taking a negative attitude about someone I don't know,
because someone else that I don't know, reflect on my gardening
skills?

It doesn't of course, but I guess that is all you couldcome up with on
the spur of the moment. I have high standards in many areas, but I do
not try to impose those standards on other people.

For instance, I would never consider having a tattoo, let alone as
many as Hermine, but that doesn't mean that I automatically despise or
look down on those who do. I drive a BMW and have a nice home and a
good career, bit I also ride a Harley and often ride with and meet
many people who have tatts, I quite like some of them, but they
are not for me. Many of these people live in homes that are, to my
standards, dirty and untidy, but that is my problem, not theirs. In
their eyes, I am the one who has a "thing" about hygeine. I always
wash my hands after patting my dogs, many people don't, it doesn't
mean that they are less than me, just that they are different.

I *never* judge anyone on hearsay, I judge them only on personal
experience. I have friends who have terrible reputations, deservedly,
but who I have complete trust in, because they are true friends.

You should try to be more tolerant, it can only improve and help you.

David

Note: My email address is a spam trap.