Sweet chestnut growth

Jeremy Harbinson Jeremy.Harbinson at wur.nl
Mon Oct 20 04:46:52 EST 2003

If you place it in a pot with a normal seed/cutting compost and leave it
outside it should germinate without any problems - sweet chestnut is not
native to the British Isles but it is widely naturalised and regenerates on
its own. Perhaps, if you live in the colder north a little bit of protection
during the winter might help -  in the south there should be no problem
Jeremy Harbinson