canna seeds

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Oct 10 19:58:44 EST 2003

In article <%Zxhb.7293$6q4.5086 at newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>,
bobby <att at att.com> wrote:
>First off, am I and only one out here? Not many post in this newsgroup.

You probably want rec.gardens and its subgroups for this sort of question.
This group is intended for scientific rather than practical discussions,
though most of the time you'd never know it.

>Has anyone started canna plants from seeds? I've seen them on ebay for sale.
>This spring I received some bulbs for cannas and now those plants have
>seeds. I was thinking about starting some. If you started them from seed let
>me know how you made out.

IIRC, they have very hard seed hulls, so you may need to file or cut a
notch in it to get them to germinate.