herb for diabetes help

M. Tiefert matiefert at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 17:43:35 EST 2003

In article <GAQxa.2595$S7.2010 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>, "Cereoid-UR12" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote:
> What other kind of diabetes is there?

It used to be always called sugar diabetes.

> Don't you think if there was a simple herbal cure doctors would be
> prescribing it?

But but but -- how would they earn any money on their shares in
pharmaceutical companies then? How could they afford to keep up with
their yacht payments?  :-)

> There is no substitute for insulin and you will need get past your denial
> and wishful thinking and accept that fact. You will need to take insulin for
> the rest of your life and there is no way around it.

True, but perhaps some other treatments may mean that he doesn't need
quite as much injected insulin, or maybe not quite as often. If it's
type II diabetes, some patients can do OK with oral meds, but others
need oral meds and/or insulin. And 'proper' diet and exercise can help.

There have been studies of plants and diabetes. There was one about the
effect of Atriplex nummularia (or maybe some other Atriplex species -
saltbush) on a species of desert rat that is prone to diabetes.
Published in the 1980's I think, by someone at the Weismann Institute or
some other Israeli university.

cheers,

Marj

 * * *