War plant seeds

Cereoid+10 cereoid at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 20 09:19:59 EST 2002

Can you describe in your own words what these plants looked like?
What did the flowers look like? What did the leaves look like?
Have you tried to find a picture of them in the plant books at your local
library?
Still have no idea where on the planet your old mum was when she grew these
mysterious plants.

Barry <xbarry at skynet.be> wrote in message
news:3d8b1eef$0$202$ba620e4c at news.skynet.be...
> OK Well as I am 59 I guess it was the last war which we again won or there
> would not be a Belgium for me to be living in today. I was in the Country
> that won England where these dam plants were that as you say was probably
> nickname my mum thought up for them, but to get to ask her about them
today
> is a bit difficult. Time got her not the Germans and the question at this
> time I am not ready to ask :-)
>
> "Cereoid+10" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
> news:i0mi9.15$pb5.2 at newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> > Since we don't know where you and your old mum were on the planet when
you
> > grew these "war plants" and that it is probably a name that she made up
> > herself, you may want to browse through pictures in garden books at the
> > library until you see pictures of it and get back to us when you know
what
> > its proper scientific name is. Common names are usually completely
> useless.
> > Don't need some sophisticated name, just its proper name, Barry.
> >
> > To which war do you allude? There have been so many over the years!!!
I'm