Spore

Karl B n8crwlr at ameritech.net
Fri May 31 17:29:22 EST 2002

I have two trees I cut down three years ago that had a spore growing on the
top of it. We left the stump about three feet high to put a basket with a
vine on them the first year, and now have gargoyles setting on top. Can
someone tell me what these spores are in the description that follows?

Light brown spore that looks like a mound of dust. When watered lightly it
turns dark brown and looks damp for about two seconds, then it returns to a
dry mound of dust in about 1/1000 of a second. At first I thought it was
coming out of the stump as I was watering the flowers around the stump when
I noticed the spores floating in the breeze, but it really surprised me when
it dried so fast.