Can anyone tell me where to find specific nutrient uptake data for.......

Mathew Snyder msnyder2 at earthlink.net
Wed May 15 16:11:34 EST 2002

Alright Cereoid+1, This is a start-up company intending to set up this
bioremediation process (yes get paid something for it) and then leave the
system in the hands of the local water quality district. For me, this is a
one time contract gig. I will not get rich, I will not get my name in the
paper and frankly, I don't care. The name of this 'company' is five
engineers and an ecologist trying to help people. I have been working GRATIS
for over two months. I now only eat once per day, for lack of funds. On the
subject of finding the information I need..... I know that it is called
"research". Cyberspace so far, has proven to be an excellent place to do all
of the research I have needed to do so far, but, I am not in a place where
the large volumes of botanical information of the nature I describe is
available. There is not a college of the four year kind within 75 miles.
Even if I had the money to drive back and forth repeatedly, I still have no
idea of where (besides the campus library) to find what I am looking for. I
was under the impression that those within the scientific fields were the
kind of people who WANTED to help make the world a better place.....you
personally obviously are not. All you seem to care about is your own ego. In
my experience (many years of it in  the medical device R&D area) having a
large company behind me would allow me access to people who do this type of
research for the company as their job. If I had that type of resource this
posting would not have happened and your piss poor attitude toward helping
others would not have been exposed to the world. All I am asking for is
where to find the information I need. I am not asking for the research to be
done for me, that I can obviously do myself as I have more experience
researching data bases and texts than you will probably ever have. You will
have to excuse me if I feel it appropriate to "give something back" to the
world that educated me. Maybe you should have paid more attention in the
Ethics class you got a "D" in. Thank you for absolutely nothing but your
cynicism.

"Cereoid+1" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:rzoE8.5630$mT6.157859962 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> It is rather odd that you are having trouble finding information that
would
> be second nature to a botanical researcher. You will not find what you
seek
> in cyberspace. That's why its called research.
>
> You are still not coming clean about what this is and who its for.
>
> And for which big name private company are you employed to do this
research?
> Monsanto perhaps?
>
> I'm sure you're well compensated for you work. How much are consultants
> usually paid to provide the info you are requesting gratis?
>
> I'm sure you are not giving away what you come up for free so why should
you
> expect us to give away what we can find?
>

> Mathew Snyder <msnyder2 at earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:0OkE8.1730$l82.173036 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> > I am a Research & Development Engineer, not a Botanist, or botany
student.
> > Hence my using this avenue of communication with those who are.
Afterall,