Can anyone tell me where to find specific nutrient uptake data for.......

Mathew Snyder msnyder2 at earthlink.net
Tue May 14 22:41:48 EST 2002

I am a Research & Development Engineer, not a Botanist, or botany student.
Hence my using this avenue of communication with those who are. Afterall,
you know your business far better than I could ever hope to. Where to find
the specific information our team requires eludes us in the vast expanse of
cyberspace. We know that we are simply using the wrong key words in our
searches. I have been working with other Engineers to design a 'ecosystem
friendly' system for bioremediation of eutrophic water bodies. I have been
able to determine what information I do need to be able to answer the most
important question in the whole deal. "By plant species, at what rate will
which specific nutrients be removed from eutrophic water, by the plant
species listed?" The immediate implementation of the system I (and many
others) are working on, is waiting for only an answer to this question.
Without this data the time line must remain open, and that is unacceptable.
This system is intended to be used where humans (tens of thousands of them)
are already living in filthy conditions due to the condition of the lake
they live around. I was only being half facetious at their gratefulness.
Frankly, many people as well as government agencies are waiting for these
calculations so a simple, one sentence answer to the question I asked would
be humbly appreciated.

news:N1jE8.1934$w_5.61233296 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...