Plants in Condo

Darlene ddunat at tampabayIdontwantnosteenkingspam.rr.com
Thu Jun 13 16:01:37 EST 2002

"John" <johnstmail at nospammingyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3ffN8.129617$ec1.2598169 at twister.tampabay.rr.com...
:
: "Darlene" <ddunat at tampabayIdontwantnosteenkingspam.rr.com>
wrote in message
: news:w0dN8.104241$%J4.2313523 at twister.tampabay.rr.com...
: >
: > "John" <johnstmail at nospammingyahoo.com> wrote in message
: > news:8UcN8.104010$%J4.2309805 at twister.tampabay.rr.com...
: > :
: > : "Shiva" <hypatia-no-spam at cotse.net> wrote in message
: > :
: >
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.858262879a61c53fa36e4ef966627c2c at 102374645
: > 4.cotse.net...
: > : > John wrote:
: > : >
: > : > > Hello... I have a question about plants.  I live
in FL
: > in a condo by the
: > : > > beach and it is pretty smelly around here.
: > : >
: > : > I keep looking at this thread and wanting to say
: > something, but I was not
: > : > sure what until this moment:
: > : >
: > : > WHY is it stinky there? Dead fish? Polluted water?
No
: > ocean breezes to
: > : > wash the decay smell away? I am confused. Still,
close
: > air is not my
: > : > impression of beach life. Can you enlighten me?
: > : >
: > : >
: > : >
: > :
: > :
: > : Alright... I live in Cape Canaveral... Next to Port
: > Canaveral.  So you got
: > : the smell of the gasses and oil stations.  Plus all
the
: > other crap there.
: > : There is tar all over the beach which makes the sand a
: > dark color.  (near
: > : cocoa beach).  There is always the smell of salty
fishy
: > ocean air.  The air
: > : quality is not too good here in FL compared to other
: > states in the US.  (you
: > : can find the data on the internet).   You got the
smell of
: > the reclaimed
: > : water sprinklers in my development that smells like
: > sulpher.  (they do this
: > : to save water which is now very precious in FL).  I
don't
: > live in a bad
: > : neighborhood.  I live in a very expensive gated
community.
: > That's just the
: > : way it smells and feels in FL.  Someday when its
cooler
: > and clear it may be
: > : a little bit better.  It was one of the many
sacrifices
: > that I made when I
: > : chose to move here from MD.  I would much rather live
in
: > MD though if I was
: > : not going to school.  Like I always say... its a nice
: > place to visit but not
: > : to live.  For living it is best for older people who
cant
: > take on the
: > : additional responsability.  Here in FL its cheap, easy
: > weather for older
: > : folks and especially in this gated community where
: > everything is done for
: > : you.  ex. lawnmowing, painting and all that other
: > maintenance jazz.
: > : unnng... I could go on... but that would be getting
more
: > off poing.  So
: > : yes... it can get a little stinky down here especially
if
: > it is 90-100
: > : degrees and you don't want to open up the windows so
that
: > the A/C will get
: > : out.
: > :
: > : John
: > :
: >
: > That's interesting. My sister lives near Cocoa Beach and
: > have not seen any of the phenomena you describe. What
beach
: > is it that has tar on it?
: >
: > When outside, there is sometimes the ocean smell, but if
you
: > are inside with the A/C on, as you seem to suggest,
there is
: > no smell.
: >
: > Two words ... scented candles.
: >
: > Darlene
: > Tampa FL
: >
: >
:
: Scented candles?  hmmm... Well... in my development and
many others near the
: beach, they have brushes next to the showers to wash it
off your
: sandals/shoes.  I remember when I first came down here I
trailed some in the
: house and I saw black goo/gunk on the carpet where I
walked.  It sure is
: sticky.  It left some pretty bad stains.  So you have not
heard of
: reconstituted water for sprinklers or any of the other
"phenomena" I said
: earlier?  Well anyways,  I was just wondering if plants
inside a house would
: make a stuffy house smell more fresh.  Perhaps I shouldn't
of mentioned the
: smelliness of the area where I live.  ehhh... my nose
might not of yet
: gotten used to it.  Oh Oh! what about that Sea Ray boat
plant?  It puts out
: the most rechit plastic burning smell in the world!  God
that sucks when I
: drive past it!  I know that I was pampered with good air
when i lived up in
: the mountains of MD.
:
: John
:
: Yes, we have reclaimed water here. But the smell of that
doesn't really bother me. It just reminds me of the well
water from up north when I was a kid.

I have not seen any of the black gunk you speak of at any of
the beaches I've gone to with my sister. We've visited
beaches from Amelia Island all the way south to Sebastian
Inlet.

Darlene
: