Plants in Condo

Darlene ddunat at tampabayIdontwantnosteenkingspam.rr.com
Mon Jun 10 21:12:44 EST 2002

"John" <johnstmail at nospammingyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:8UcN8.104010$%J4.2309805 at twister.tampabay.rr.com...
:
: "Shiva" <hypatia-no-spam at cotse.net> wrote in message
:
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.858262879a61c53fa36e4ef966627c2c at 102374645
4.cotse.net...
: > John wrote:
: >
: > > Hello... I have a question about plants.  I live in FL
in a condo by the
: > > beach and it is pretty smelly around here.
: >
: > I keep looking at this thread and wanting to say
something, but I was not
: > sure what until this moment:
: >
: > WHY is it stinky there? Dead fish? Polluted water? No
ocean breezes to
: > wash the decay smell away? I am confused. Still, close
air is not my
: > impression of beach life. Can you enlighten me?
: >
: >
: >
:
:
: Alright... I live in Cape Canaveral... Next to Port
Canaveral.  So you got
: the smell of the gasses and oil stations.  Plus all the
other crap there.
: There is tar all over the beach which makes the sand a
dark color.  (near
: cocoa beach).  There is always the smell of salty fishy
ocean air.  The air
: quality is not too good here in FL compared to other
states in the US.  (you
: can find the data on the internet).   You got the smell of
the reclaimed
: water sprinklers in my development that smells like
sulpher.  (they do this
: to save water which is now very precious in FL).  I don't
live in a bad
: neighborhood.  I live in a very expensive gated community.
That's just the
: way it smells and feels in FL.  Someday when its cooler
and clear it may be
: a little bit better.  It was one of the many sacrifices
that I made when I
: chose to move here from MD.  I would much rather live in
MD though if I was
: not going to school.  Like I always say... its a nice
place to visit but not
: to live.  For living it is best for older people who cant
take on the
: additional responsability.  Here in FL its cheap, easy
weather for older
: folks and especially in this gated community where
everything is done for
: you.  ex. lawnmowing, painting and all that other
maintenance jazz.
: unnng... I could go on... but that would be getting more
off poing.  So
: yes... it can get a little stinky down here especially if
it is 90-100
: degrees and you don't want to open up the windows so that
the A/C will get
: out.
:
: John
:

That's interesting. My sister lives near Cocoa Beach and I
have not seen any of the phenomena you describe. What beach
is it that has tar on it?

When outside, there is sometimes the ocean smell, but if you
are inside with the A/C on, as you seem to suggest, there is
no smell.

Two words ... scented candles.

Darlene
Tampa FL