"Cereoid+1+" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<mKS99.569$cw3.40274053 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>...
> It would be far more practical for you to leave the windows and doors open
> to air out your condo. Don't you have screens for your windows and doors?
> You will just need to live with the noise for a few days. Its a minor
> inconvenience compared to poisoning your family and pets with toxic fumes.
Well, another problem with leaving the windows open is our cats like
to climb screens (pursuing moths or whatever they think is out there)
and we are really worried, being 5 floors up, that they will knock the
screens out while attached and plunge to their deaths. We had a
friend whose cat did just that, knocked his screen out by climbing it,
and fell out the window (fortunately the friend lived on the first
floor). So we don't think its safe to leave the windows open unless
we are present and awake and monitoring the cats' behavior, we can
only open them a few inches otherwise.
I did the leave all the windows wide open for three days straight
between when the new furniture was delivered (and I first noticed the
chemical smell) and when we moved in and started sleeping there. But
it did not help much. If three days of the windows being left open
doesn't help much, I don't think the windows alone can solve the