Palm House Plant Leaves Browning.. HELP!

how hodec at my-deja.com
Thu Sep 6 19:59:53 EST 2001

Heather wrote:

> Hello All-
>
> I am hoping you can help me with my house plant.  I am not sure
> exactly the species but it is certainly a palm, about 4 1/2 feet tall
> right now.  Anyway, I got it about a month ago and since then almost
> all the tips of the leaves have browned
> snip

Hi,
Where was this palm grown? If it was grown in higher light than it has
now it could take about 18 months to acclimate. Tip browning can be
caused from over or under watering and from fertilizer burn among other
reasons. At least stop adding fetilizer each time you water, the soil
you used has enough fertilizer (although the wrong type) to last for a
couple of months.
Did you re-pot at the same level it was before?
Could you describe the plant at all? Some 'palms' turn out not to be
palms. ;)
--
hth  -_-  how
reply to pondfilter at bellsouth.net