Help me ID this flower please

Cereoid* cereoid at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 4 09:49:25 EST 2001

Sorry if we can't all walk on water you, dude.

Why not give it a rest, flame boy?

The original topic is long dead and a moot point. What the mystery plant was
doesn't seem to matter to the prima donnas in this group.

Too bad delicate egos are more important to some than actually answering
questions.

Johan Timmermans <postbus at timmerjw.demon.nl> wrote in message
news:tp8983a2bdb157 at news.demon.nl...

> Cereoid* <cereoid at prodigy.net> schreef in berichtnieuws
> Npzk7.23149$sH.3237396706 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> > Now see what you did Johan.
> >

> No mister cereoid, you did that by yourself. Just by being unnecessary
rude.
> Not only against me (J have no problem with that, it tels more about you
> than
> about me) but also against the original poster and later against miss B.
> J only started with some comments because you discouraged postings
> concerning
> (in your opinion silly) questions about the identification of plants.
> And in my opinion this group is for questions like that and not for
flames.

> > You have given B. an opportunity to pontificate upon how wonderful she
> > is and how terrible I must be for absolutely no reason at all!!
>
> J do not believe you are terrible. But J also do not believe miss B. is
> terrible.
> However, even if your comments on miss B. are right (what J do not
believe)
> you
> don't have to tell it in this manner.
>
> > ****************
> >
> > What in the heck was the original topic anyway?
> >
> > Oh lets see, I called on someone for asking how tall a plant was when
what
> > was needed was a thorough description of an unknown plant. Simply asking
> how
> > tall it was would have been of no little help at all in identifying it.
> >

> You have a selective memmory. The question of the length of a plant on its
> own
> is indeed not very informative. But together with the other questions it
> could be of help.
>

> From your (very usefull and wanted!) contribution to this group, it is
clear
> to me that
> you have a detailled knowledge about plants. This must mean that you are
not
> very young.
> This is also true for me (J am 39 year old). J would like to suggest that
we
> behave like that.
> It is easy to continue a flame-war. But that is not the purpose of this
> group.
> Lets go back to the plants!!! You are good in that.
>
> If you are still not happy with me, (but J REALLY do not dislike you)
please