Help me ID this flower please

Johan Timmermans postbus at timmerjw.demon.nl
Mon Sep 3 19:37:16 EST 2001

Cereoid* <cereoid at prodigy.net> schreef in berichtnieuws
Npzk7.23149$sH.3237396706 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> Now see what you did Johan.

No mister cereoid, you did that by yourself. Just by being unnecessary rude.
Not only against me (J have no problem with that, it tels more about you
than
about me) but also against the original poster and later against miss B.
J only started with some comments because you discouraged postings
concerning
(in your opinion silly) questions about the identification of plants.
And in my opinion this group is for questions like that and not for flames.

> You have given B. an opportunity to pontificate upon how wonderful she
> is and how terrible I must be for absolutely no reason at all!!

J do not believe you are terrible. But J also do not believe miss B. is
terrible.
However, even if your comments on miss B. are right (what J do not believe)
you
don't have to tell it in this manner.

> ****************
>
> What in the heck was the original topic anyway?
>
> Oh lets see, I called on someone for asking how tall a plant was when what
> was needed was a thorough description of an unknown plant. Simply asking
how
> tall it was would have been of no little help at all in identifying it.

You have a selective memmory. The question of the length of a plant on its
own
is indeed not very informative. But together with the other questions it
could be of help.

>From your (very usefull and wanted!) contribution to this group, it is clear
to me that
you have a detailled knowledge about plants. This must mean that you are not
very young.
This is also true for me (J am 39 year old). J would like to suggest that we
behave like that.
It is easy to continue a flame-war. But that is not the purpose of this
group.
Lets go back to the plants!!! You are good in that.

If you are still not happy with me, (but J REALLY do not dislike you) please
use my personal Email for that, and not this group.

J hope we can have soon fruitfull discussions about the nomenclature of
plants.

Sincerely Yours,

Johan Timmermans