Going Against the Phylogeny Party Line

Greg gbarclay at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 19:47:03 EST 2001

Cereoid,
I teach a first year Botany course in which I give the party line, and
a Final year course "Functional Design in Plants" in which I try to
raise questions rather than just give answers. Even amongst the ferns
I think there are enough xerophytic and aquatic species to get the
brain cells working. What I am looking for are papers other than
Stebbins' that I can use in my teaching.

Greg