Banana plant

David Hare-Scott syncreticsolutions at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 17 00:23:27 EST 2001

I am not a horticulturalist but I have worked on a banana plantation.
Bananas are tropical to subtropical.  The commercial strains of bananas like
it warm and humid, full sun, cannot stand frost, like reasonably rich soil,
like water but must be well drained.  I would assume yours will be similar.
How you are going to do that in Amsterdam short of a completely artificial
environment beats me.  Maybe indoors in front of a large south-facing window
with supplementary light and lots of misting and trays of water around but I
don't like your chances.

David

news:R8kw7.59$1V6.976 at pollux.casema.net...