newsgroup for cacti?

Tumbleweed fromnews at spamtumbleweed.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 12:43:59 EST 2001

"Cereoid*" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:htiG7.14138$7I7.1928644736 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> It doesn't matter if one top posts, posts to the actual statements or
bottom
> posts. There is always some primadonna that will tell you  are doing it
> wrong!!
>
> Aren't you one of those who is incapable of doing a search on the
Internet,
> Tumbling Tumbleweed? It would appear you have quite a bit to learn
yourself,
> cowpoke. You haven't made any postings in any of the succulent plant
forums
> or groups because you know nothing about the subject.

Indeed, I do have a lot to learn about cacti. Is that an offence or
something?

You see, I wasn't aware that only people who know about cacti and succulents
may post in the forums or groups, as you indicate. Since therefore I would
be unable to learn, a newsgroup seems a better place, as people who are not
experts are allowed to post and ask questions there.

> That you have yet to reap the wrath of the over 1900 subscribers to
> Cacti_etc only proves that very few of them would waste their time with
the
> pontificating primadonnas on usenet. Consider yourself lucky so far, dude.

Oh dear, if they are all as unpleasant as yourself, and would indeed be
'wrathful' with a cacti newbie, then perhaps these groups are not the place
to post. You certainly dont make it sound like a fun place to be. How does
one ever make ones first posting ? "Sorry, not allowed,as you havent posted
before you insignificant worm". "Sorry, only statements from experts
allowed, not pathetic neophytes liek yourself".
This is what you are saying according to your words above.  You certainly
know how to make a mailing list sound inviting! (Not) Is your day job in
marketing?

--
Tumbleweed

Remove 'spam' from email replies (but no email reply necessary to
newsgroups)