newsgroup for cacti?

Brian Watson brian at spheroid.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 17:47:49 EST 2001

"Cereoid*" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:nYxF7.11731$ep.1470856400 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> And what is the appropriate forum?
>
> The original message was cross posted, so it should have appeared here
also.

> I don't have a bad attitude on the matter. I simply feel that such a
> newsgroup is unnecessary because there are already more than enough forums
> on the topic. A newsgroup would not contribute anything worthwhile.

Then you don't understand the format.

Newsgroups come devoid of ads and moderation, for starters, and many serious
computer users prefer to use their simplicity of format and accessibility.

Good enough reasons for me.

> It would
> just be another free for all and not constructive or add to the
> understanding of the plants.

Of course it would.

The Yahoo (and other) Clubs, Groups and Communities are not accessed by all
computer-using growers for the reasons I have stated above.
--
Brian