Swedish Ivy

Sharon Crane cranesd at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 13:29:13 EST 2001

We live on Camano Island, 62 miles north west of Seattle, WA.  Our growing
period here begins 30 days earlier than that of Seattle.  We were sold
Swedish Ivy as a ground cover last year.  The 10 plants in 4" pots were
planted in June and grew until late September or early October, at which
time they seemed to die back.  After reading that Swedish Ivy is an indoor
plant, I'm wondering if it has survived.  The pruned the plants back
yesterday and they seem to have a good root system.  Is it likely they can
survive a mild winter like we've had this year?  Or are they an annual if
planted outdoors?

Thank you, in advance, for helping us learn more about our plants.

--- Sharon Crane
--- cranesd at earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

---