question strelitzia

Patrick Kinds pckinds at gmx.net
Wed Jun 27 14:38:13 EST 2001

We have bought a strelitzia plant with a flower that was in bloom. The last
few weeks the orange/purple flower has become dry and looks a bit dry. We
are wondering if we should cut the dry parts or if we have to leave it like
this untill the flower falls off.

Can anyone tell us what we have to do as we do not want to destroy the
flower and we would like to have a new flower next year.