Lilac bush won't bloom

bigdog roserm at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 3 10:00:06 EST 2001

I had the same problem and a master gardener told me to apply horticultural
lime. another one told me to apply composted manure. I did both, and am not
sure which one did the trick, but I had INCREDIBLE flowers the next year.

Also, i fthe bush is not in the sun it won't bloom and if there's lawn
around it and you are applying a high-nitrogen fertilizer to the lawn,
you'll get lots of leaves and few blooms on your lilac.

Good luck...

news:8BEQ6.124175$MR1.15464629 at news02.optonline.net...