Plant communication.

Jeremy Harbinson "Jeremy Harbinson" at users.tbpt.wau.nl
Fri Apr 6 09:41:16 EST 2001

Quite happy to agree about the weirdo cranky aspect of telepathic plants,
however plants do use internal electrical signalling, and a lie detector would
probably pick these electrical signals up. The electrical signal conduit is, I
believe, the phloem, and changes in gene expression etc do occur post-signal. If
these changes occur it is concievable that the changes in volatile emission
could be produced (jasmonate, ethene and poss. others) which might then produce
electrical signal changes in neighbouring plants. Sort of  would look like
telepathy if you don't look at the system properly/ask the right questions.
There are 'real science' papers on this kind of work; check out articles by Dave
Wildon (for example), some co-authored by Dianna Bowles (who looked at the gene
expression side).
all the best,
Jeremy Harbinson