Spathiphyllum flower

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Tue Sep 5 09:23:17 EST 2000

Without seeing it, it would be very hard to tell which cultivar of
Spathiphyllum you have.   There has been a lot of interbreeding,
making determination in the absence of a label a bit problematic
sometimes.

The "flower" on a Spath is actually a collection of very tiny flowers
with a large, white bract underneath the inflorescence.  You have two
that some of the female flowers have set fruit, you can leave the
inflorescence in place to see what the fruit will look like.  (Look to
see if any of the little bumps on the finger-like flowering axis are
swelling).

M. Reed