Spathiphyllum flower

Sara Silva sarasilva at altavista.net
Tue Sep 5 06:59:21 EST 2000

Hello all,

I've been reading this newsgroup for a couple of weeks, and I've been
finding it very informative. This is the first time I post, to pose a
question for which I haven't found an answer yet.

I was given a huge, magnificent Spathiphyllum which shortly unfolded a
beautiful flower. This flower has lasted for many weeks, but now it is
slowly declining and turning a bit brown on the edges. What should I do
with it? Should I let it dry out naturally, or should I cut it before it
happens?

Also, I would like to know which variety of Spathiphyllum this is, but
the pictures I've found on the Web haven't been very helpful. What are
the differences between the several varieties? Is there a variety that
is far more common than the others, in Europe? (I live in Portugal)

I'm sorry this turned out to be two questions instead of one!
Thanks in advance,
Sara