CACTI Need Info !

John & Su anonymous at none.com
Tue Oct 24 19:43:38 EST 2000

Hello,

ABOUT CACTI :

Can someone give me information about root desiccation ?

The problem is :
My Cacti are living in a soil made with 3 part of sand, 1 part of land, lots
of charcoal cut in tiny part.
I use big clay Pots (20cm) and biggest cacti is about 12 cm.
The everyday temperature round year is ranging between 24 and 36 C. humidity
is very high.
The temperature of the pots in the morning till 12 is up to 50C.
Country is Thailand.

I noticed that after 3-7 day that soil is getting very dry.

I would like to know how long the root in a very dry - and hot - sand can
"survive" without starting desiccation.
Thanks and regards,
John.