White mould on African violet soil

duncan vincent excal at sprint.ca
Sun Nov 26 14:52:12 EST 2000

<fontainel at mythirdage.com> wrote in message
news:20001126152218.25724.cpmta at c008.sfo.cp.net...
> Last year, African violets that I had enjoyed for several years slowly
wasted away, with no apparent culprit except a fuzzy white mould on the
soil.  I tried underwatering until they were parched, but it did no good.
The plants were in a large airy room, in indirect sunlight.  This year, I've
just found the mould on four healthy, new, flowering violets.  They've been
in the house
> about two months.  Any suggestions on how I can save the plants?
>
> Linda
>

> Third Ager [thurd-aij-er] n. 1. grown-up;  2. rule-breaker;
> 3. someone in the best years of their life.  See also: Boomer.
>
> http://www.thirdage.com

Is it mold or is it a crust.  If you aren't flushing excess fertilizer from
the soil it will build up in the soil. Watering  it thourouly with distilled
water  will remove any salts from the soil, scrape the white stuff off
first.  If it is mold them benomyl  should fix it up.

Duncan
Excal at sprint.ca