Boston fern question

Cathy Krupovich cathyk at trytel.com
Wed Nov 1 12:30:46 EST 2000

Hi,
    I have a beautiful Boston fern that thrives in the
location that I have for it.  My question is ... as time
goes on the old fronds lose their leaves and I'm not sure
what to do with all these old dried up fronds (or stems)
that are mostly under the new growth.  It is almost like
a thicket at the soil level! Should I clean them out
somehow?  Besides this, it looks great and appears
very healthy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Cathy.