info on "vicks plant"

Cereoid CEREOID at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 31 10:51:17 EST 2000

There are several leaf succulent species of Plectranthus with a camphor
scent, including P.spicatus and P.cylindraceus, that are commonly called
"Vicks Plant" in the horticultural trade. Plectranthus prostratus is an
allied  species grown in hanging baskets.

The allied Plectranthus amboinicus has leaves with a distinct oregano scent
and is grown as an herb.

news:74o36.50761$RC1.1959220 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net...