unknown melon???? - identify please

gardenlen gardenlen at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 8 19:58:21 EST 2000

In article <3A31397F.854381AA at mail.bio.tamu.edu>,
  Monique Reed <monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu> wrote:
> Got my browser working again.  Try:
> http://www.1webblvd.com/coosemans/prod060.htm

the flesh consistancy looks the same but the colour and sshape aren't a
match especially the colour.

> http://www.gmushrooms.com/Posters/ExSubTropFruit.htm  (smack in the
> middle)

ok the fruit in the middle here is the closest, the seeds in my fruit
may hve been imature as the fruit could ahve dropped early from fruit
fly damage.

> http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/acc_num/198500809.html  (This has a
> picture of a more purple fruit and the flowers.  The leaves are
> described)
the flower pic is identical the leaf description sounds the same (i'm
no botanist) this fruit doesn't have the same point and the colour is
nothing like it.

if i take it as being the fruit shown on this link:

http://www.gmushrooms.com/Posters/ExSubTropFruit.htm

then is it edible?

all information is very helpfull and much appreciated, i ahve posted
more pics on my link, so could we all agree that it is the one in the
above link?

len