Ginkgo: how long in US?

Ann annbal at thecia.net
Tue Dec 5 06:46:13 EST 2000

kwantenzap at xs4all.nl (CorK) expounded:

>There are not many old Ginkgos in the USA. That's why it is sad and
>uncivilized to cut down a rare 100-year old female Ginkgo (read my
>specials-page).
>Much information about the tree Ginkgo biloba (and also about its
>presence in America) can be read on my homepage:

Why do you continue to say there aren't many old Ginkgos here in the
USA, when so many have posted to tell you you're wrong?  I know of a
beauty, outside the Rockland MA Post Office, and several others here
in southeastern New England.  No, they aren't as common as Norway
Maples, but they're around.  They aren't rare.

--
Ann, Gardening in Zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA