palm tree

Jeremy Harbinson "Jeremy Harbinson" at users.tbpt.wau.nl
Mon Dec 4 12:01:21 EST 2000

The most common hardy palm in the British Isles is Trachycarpus fortunei; this
is a real palm and not a Cordyline. It is fine even during cold Cambridge
winters (there are several in the Botanic Garden), though I am not sure how
tough the juveniles are. In south Dorset in seems to be self-seeding in some
sites, so it may be naturalising.
You should also read this page:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/tjwalters/
and this is a good source for material: