Saintpaulia not blooming

Jeremy Harbinson "Jeremy Harbinson" at users.tbpt.wau.nl
Mon Dec 4 08:01:44 EST 2000

Could be for several reasons; not enough light can be problem, but this
would seem unlikely if they are close to a window; too cold could be
another problem - they are a tropical lowland plant, typically found
growing on shaded limestone cliff-faces, all-in-all a very sheltered
habitat, and when we grow them for research purposes we typically used
23/25C. Last. it could be soil conditions - they like an open
free-draining soil, and careful watering, and it they do not get this
they can become miserable looking.
all the best,
Jeremy Harbinson