Yellow Mushrooms in house plants

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Tue Sep 28 10:32:26 EST 1999

Your shrooms are mostl likely Leucocoprinus birnbaumii.  This harmless
(to your plants) fungus is a common contaminant of potting mixes.
Pick off the mushrooms before they can shed spores, and try watering
your plants deeply but less often so that the soil does not stay
soggy.  Also, these guys can cause real internal upset if ingested, so
make sure the kids and pets don't get to them.

Monique Reed