Appreciate Comments on Botanical Trekking

Kiki Hiott khiott at ou.edu
Thu Sep 23 08:46:07 EST 1999

I think this is a great idea.  To be worth while though, you need a guide who
is very knowlegeable (someone like Dan Hinkley, for example) of the plants in
the area.  I "trek" on a local basis with 4 bonanists who KNOW the plant of
Oklahoma.  I have been amazed at what is there under my nose that I didn't
recognize.

Kiki Hiott, Zone 7, OK