Falling Ficus

mystic mystic at lcc.net
Wed Sep 22 04:22:15 EST 1999

Astound wrote:

> Is it true that plants of the ficus sp. are very sensitive and will drop
> their leaves at the slightest provocation?
> --
> Jaime and Christian

Most are.  Fiddle-leaf isn't so bad about it, but F. benjamina and some
of the other house-plant varieties will.  Ignore this temper fit, give
them extra water and they'll come back.  I've got one that MUST be moved
outside every spring and back inside every fall.  Each time, the
persnickity thing drops its leaves.  The first time it did it, I was
frantic.  Later, though, I found out that it was just plant theatrics.
F. benjamina will do it if you only move it from one side of the room to
the other.

Appleman