Vitis veitchii

Sandy glencasey at geocities.com
Mon Sep 20 19:25:31 EST 1999

Kiem/Pepchinski wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> in a drawing from 1915 I found the plantname "Vitis veitchii", but cannot
> find it in any dictionary, what it is named today.
>
> If you know, please e-mail me

Hi, yes, I would like to confirm that Vitis Veitchii, is now known as
"Parthenocissus tricuspidata "Veitchii." Its that plant that creeps (and
clings) all over old stone buildings, and has deep red and copper coloured
leaves in autumn.
Vitis nowadays, are grape vines.
Amelopis, Cissus, and Parthenocissus were once included in the Vitus genus,
but are now separated.

Sandy.