Growing Tulips in the Tropics? Better luck in the desert!

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Sat Sep 18 12:30:09 EST 1999

None would do well in the tropics but several species would do quite nicely
in the desert southwest! Does anyone in Nevada, New Mexico, Texas or
Arizona grow them?

Most species of Tulip are native to the arid region of Asia Minor (Turkey,
Iraq and Iran).

They tend not to do well and die out after a couple of years in areas with
wet or very cold winters.

http://www.bulb.com/art/ibclogo.gif

http://www.rareplants.co.uk/tulipa/index.htm

lawth at cyberway.com.sg wrote in article <37e3a31b.0 at news.cyberway.com.sg>...
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there any tulip species that can grow in the Tropics? I understand
they only grow in the Temperate areas only.