Diffenbachia help

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 16 00:10:24 EST 1999

Well, Hi again Elaine:

I think your troubles in GA are due to your humidity, actually.  The plants are
usually sold in a rather heavy mix, because they're top heavy, and because the
grower doesn't want them returned by the retailer because they fell out of the
pot.  The plants, though, are surface rooters, and are not tolerant of "close"
soil, such as you get in a heavy mix, well watered, and in a humid environment.
I'd be willing to bet you that if you bought a brand new one, gently washed the
heavy soil off the roots, and planted it in a shallow pot in a terrestrial
orchid mix, your troubles would end.
Steve

--
Drop by and see me at :