Diffenbachia help

e.t. emt1 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 14 19:46:42 EST 1999

How do you keep one of these things alive?  I have had them in dish gardens,
individual pots, in high light, in low light, direct light, indirect light,
well watered, dried out in between.  Within a week, it starts drooping,
turning yellow, and then dies away, no matter what kind of care it got.  I'd
stopped buying them because it seemed useless.  Then, a friend at work got
one as a gift.  Sure enough...well, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a
jinx present here!

This has become an enigma now.  Does anyone have a diff success story that I
can try?  All the books, etc. have failed me.  I need to hear from a person
with a success story that I could try out!  Thanks...