S.O.S. for magnolia

David Deutsch dd at gondwana.org
Sun Sep 12 06:16:10 EST 1999

Hello Andrea,

I have a suggestion which might help... might ...!

There is a product called Phyton 27 that appears to have some effect
against Verticillium Wilt... You do not mention the symptoms, but if it
turns out that verticillium is the culprit, you wont have to go unarmed
into the conflict. Let me know if you suspect verticillium and I'll
email you the relevant info. Until this stuff came out, my understanding
is that there was absolutely nothing that worked against Verticillium.
But it isn't cheap.

Another product, called Clearys 3336, might have SOME effect, esp. if
fusarium's the culprit.

Another possibility is Phytophthora, for which 2 products exist:
Alliette and Ridomyl

There are other possibilities, but I'd need to know more.

Good luck! I hope you can save the tree.

Cheers,

David Deutsch
Gondwana Gardens
http://www.gondwana.org