Gentiana asclepiadea

Roger Van Loon roger.vanloon at ping.be
Sun Sep 12 05:06:01 EST 1999

Rod Craddock wrote:

> The limited feedback I have had suggests these are not particularly easy
> plants. I think I have mine in an area which is too poorly drained and
> consequently have some sort of a root rot.
 (snip)

Rod,
In my garden (rather dry, acid sandy soil, but mixed with some
humus) I have been growing Gentiana asclepiadea for more than 10
years. I found it (for me) by far the easiest of all the Gentians
and it has even seeded itself. After reading your comment, I
think maybe my one fatality was caused by overwatering, causing
some sort of root rot, as you stated. Luck with your new plants.
Roger.