Daylilly seedlings - No Chrlorphyll - Some misc day lilly questions

Jeff Blackadar jeffblackadar at home.com
Tue Sep 7 22:20:22 EST 1999

I have been growing some daylilly seedlings under flourescent lights
About 10 % of them sprout with white leaves, produce a few leaves and then
whither in about a month.
The other seedlings do just fine under the same conditions.
Does this make sense?  Is it possible this is an expression of a recessive
gene or just
some sort of nutritional deficiency.
There were no visible signs of fungus or moulds
The lights themselves are not on timers, but I was turning them on and off
daily.
----
I have been propagating daylillys from offset plants the grow on the flower
stalks.
Are these offset plants common?  Do they appear if the plant is better fed
or if there is some other environmental effect.
---
I have one daylilly that has a double flower(The flower is "ontop" of
another flower)
like this:
\|||||/
\|||||/