Ti plant

gardenlen ntbandit at globec.com.au
Tue Sep 7 15:31:50 EST 1999

In article <7r17dp$idh$1 at nntp8.atl.mindspring.net>,
  "David Nornan Hare" <pixiedave at mindspring.com> wrote:
> I have a 5 year old Ti plant that I started from piece of root/trunk
that
> came in a blister pack from Hawaii.  I shaved the wax of the ends and
soaked
> an eternity until roots appeared.  The plant appears to be healthy.
My
> question;  How would one go about propagating this plant.  Is it old
enough
> , would I cut and section the trunk and soak like original piece.
Will the
> root and stump survive and put out more leaves Ect? Thanks

g'day david,

they are propogated from cuttings and best done early in the summer
when conditions are warm, the growing tip i find is usually the easiest
to get to grow, cut it off the main plant near the last layer of leaves
peel off some of the lower leaves and then trim all the rest off plant
this into a good potting medium keep moist. new buds will appear below
the cut on the main stem when these get to full size i then take
another cutting below this if the plant is big enough and plant it.

you can do as you did before and root them in wate first. cuttings are
best at about 6"s long. if the original plant is in a pot you can plant
the cutting back into that pot this then will give you a fuller display.

len

--
happy gardening
'it works for me it could work for you'