Q: Inter-species crossing

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 2 18:02:54 EST 1999

Stephen M Jankalski wrote:

> Wasn't this already settled or did you just ignore the answer?
>
> A hybrid is a hybrid regardless of the taxonomic ranking of the two taxa
> involved.

Making the term meaningless.  Stephen, I think you missed Roger's point.  If
you're right, and I doubt that this book is widely accepted as a botanical
authority, then the term hybrid is now useless to denote anything, since by
that silly definition, all sexual reproduction between non-clone plants results
in a hybrid.