It is correct that poinsettias are not poisonous, but there is another
factor to consider. Most of the poinsettias sold this year will come
from large commercial growers. These growers use lots of different
chemicals on their plants. Some of the chemicals can be quite toxic.
Some are put into the soil and taken up by the roots, so even if there
is no spray residue on the plant, there can still be a pesticide
present. I still don't think eating a bract or two would kill you, but
it is another thing to consider.