IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Vs: pointsettias

David Hershey dh321 at excite.com
Mon Nov 22 19:03:39 EST 1999

I agree that for people who don't know toxic from nontoxic plants it is
good idea to keep all plants out of the reach of small children and
pets. My point was that poinsettia has gotten a bum rap. A truly
poisonous Christmas plant is mistletoe. It is good mistletoe is hung up
high so it is out of the reach of children.

David Hershey

Monique Reed wrote:
> Correct.  Poinsettias are not poisonous.  However, the sap of many
> Euphorbias can be extremely irritating, and some people are more
> sensitive than others.  It makes sense not to stick your fingers in
> your eyes, ears, etc. after getting sap on them, and the plants should
> certainly be kept out of reach of children and animals.
> Monique Reed
> David Hershey wrote:
> >
> > Poinsettias are not poisonous. That is a widespread myth. Feeding
> > studies with lab animals have confirmed that poinsettias are not
> > poisonous.
> > .

More information about the Plantbio mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net