ANNOUNCING: Density from Distance
The latest ecological software from PISCES.
DfD (Density from Distances) is a Windows 95/98 program that offers a
range of analytical techniques commonly used by ecologists to estimate
animal and plant density using plotless methods. This program can easily
be used by both students and professional ecologists.
The program includes a data simulation module that allows the accuracy
and efficiency of the different methods to be assessed. This is
particularly useful for ecological teaching because it allows students
to quickly simulate and explore a range of methods within a familiar
Methods available within Density from Distances for density estimation
* Line transect methods such as the Fourier series estimator for
continuous distance data.
* The calculation of density when distances are recorded within set
bands from the line.
* Point transect estimators for a number of models.
* Closest individual, nearest neighbour and ordered-distance estimators.
* The Kendall-Moran estimator.
* Angle-order methods
Density from Distances offers
* An attractive user interface.
* Extensive help system.
* Easy data importation.
* High quality graphical output.
and is ideal for
* Community ecology research.
* Undergraduate teaching.
* Applied ecologists.
* Ecologists with limited computer experience.
PRICE 60 UK Pounds + VAT
Postage and packaging 2.00 UK Pounds in Europe 5.00 UK Pounds all other
VISA & MasterCard accepted
Institutional orders accepted
pisces at irchouse.demon.co.ukhttp://www.irchouse.demon.co.uk
Dr Richard Seaby
PISCES Conservation Ltd
Pennington Tel - 44 (0)1590 676622
Lymington Fax - 44 (0)1590 675599
Hants Email - pisces at irchouse.demon.co.uk
SO41 8GN Website - http://www.irchouse.demon.co.uk