Unknown tree

Paul M Davis pmdlandarch at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 21 21:28:54 EST 1999

>>>My mother has a tree in her front yard which she got from a forested lot.
It
has orange berries on it now. How would I find out what kind of tree it is
and if the berries are poisonous? She lives in Southern Quebec.<<<

We need more information.

First identify it.  Take a sample to a local college, university, or
provincial agency that deals with plants (forestry, agronomy, botany, etc.)
Leaves alternate or opposite?  Size, outline of leaf, etc?  Large or small,
bud shape, configuration of fruits, etc...Or scan a photo of it and post it
here.

I have a number of references on poisonous plants, if you let me know what
it is.